1. TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
In order to better provide you with our numerous services, we collect two types of information about our users:Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) and Non-Personally Identifiable Information (“NPII”).Our primary goal in collecting information from you is to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience while using our site.
Personally Identifiable Information:This refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are and what you do.
- Things you and others do and provide. We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use our site, including when you sign up for an account, create or share content, and message or communicate with others. This may include information in or about the content you provide (like metadata), such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created. Our systems automatically process content and communications you and others provide to analyze context and what's in them for the purposes described below.
- Networks and connections. We may collect information about the people, pages, accounts, hashtags and groups you are connected to and how you interact with them across our site, such as people you communicate with the most or groups you are part of. We also collect contact information if you choose to upload, sync or import it from a device (such as an address book or call log or SMS log history), which we use for things like helping you and others find people you may know and for the other purposes listed below.
- Your usage. We may collect information about how you use our site, such as the types of content you view or engage with; the features you use; the actions you take; the people or accounts you interact with; and the time, frequency and duration of your activities. For example, we log when you're using and have last used our site, and what posts, videos and other content you view on our site. We may also collect information about how you use any features we provide.
- Information about transactions made on our site. If you use our site for purchases or other financial transactions (such as when you make a purchase in a game or make a donation), we collect information about the purchase or transaction. This includes payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information; other account and authentication information; and billing, shipping and contact details.
- Things others do and information they provide about you. We may also receive and analyze content, communications and information that other people provide when they use our site. This can include information about you, such as when others share or comment on a photo of you, send a message to you, or upload, sync or import your contact information.
- Device Information. As described below, we may collect information from and about the computers, phones, connected TVs and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with our site, and we combine this information across different devices you use. For example, we use information collected about your use of our site on your phone to better personalize the content (including ads) or features you see when you use our site on another device, such as your laptop or tablet, or to measure whether you took an action in response to an ad we showed you on your phone on a different device. Information we obtain from these devices may include:
- Device attributes: information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, app and file names and types, and plugins.
- Device operations: information about operations and behaviors performed on the device, such as whether a window is foregrounded or backgrounded, or mouse movements (which can help distinguish humans from bots).
- Identifiers: unique identifiers, device IDs, and other identifiers, such as from games, apps or accounts you use.
- Device signals: Bluetooth signals, and information about nearby Wi-Fi access points, beacons, and cell towers.
- Data from device settings: information you allow us to receive through device settings you turn on, such as access to your GPS location, camera or photos.
- Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address, connection speed and, in some cases, information about other devices that are nearby or on your network, so we can do things like help you stream a video from your phone to your TV.
- Cookie data: data from cookies stored on your device, including cookie IDs and settings.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information:This refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual.We gather certain information about you based upon where you visit on our site in several ways.This information is compiled and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis.This information may include the website’s Uniform Resource Locator ("URL") that you just came from, which URL you next go to, what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol ("IP") address.A URL is the global address of documents and other resources on the World Wide Web.An IP address is an identifier for a computer or device on a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol ("TCP/IP") network, such as the World Wide Web.Networks like the Web use the TCP/IP protocol to route information based on the IP address of the destination.In other words, an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web, allowing web servers to locate and identify your computer.Computers require IP addresses in order for users to communicate on the Internet.
2. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Provide, personalize and improve our site. We may use the information we have to deliver our site and services, including to personalize features and content and make suggestions for you (such as jain groups, jain blogs, jain forum or jain events you may be interested in) on and off our site. To create personalized products that are unique and relevant to you, we use your connections, preferences, interests and activities based on the data we collect and learn from you and others; how you use and interact with our site; and the people, places, or things you're connected to and interested in on and off our site. Learn more about how we use information about you to personalize your Online Jain Pathshala experience, including features, content and recommendations in our site; you can also learn more about how we choose the ads that you see.
- Information across Online Jain Pathshala devices: We may collect information about your activities on different devices to provide a more tailored and consistent experience with Online Jain Pathshala. For example, we can suggest that you join a group on Online Jain Pathshala that includes people you met at previous events.
- Location-related information: We may use location-related information-such as your current location, where you live, the places you like to go, and the businesses and people you're near to provide, personalize and improve our site, including ads, for you and others. Location-related information can be based on things like precise device location (if you've allowed us to collect it), IP addresses, and information from your and others' use of our site (such as check-ins or events you attend or jain blogs related to you).
- Ads and other sponsored content: We may use the information we have about you-including information about your interests, parties attended and connections-to select and personalize ads, offers and other sponsored content that we show you.
- Provide measurement, analytics, and other business services. We may use the information we have (including your activity off our site, such as the websites you visit and ads you see) to help advertisers and other partners measure the effectiveness and distribution of their ads and services, and understand the types of people who use their services and how people interact with their websites, apps, and services.
- Promote safety, integrity and security. We may use the information we have to verify accounts and activity, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent spam and other bad experiences, maintain the integrity of our site, and promote safety and security on and off of our site. For example, we may use data we have to investigate suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies, or to detect when someone needs help.
- Communicate with you. We may use the information we have to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our site or other products, and let you know about our policies and terms. We may also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
3. HOW THIS INFORMATION IS SHARED
- People and accounts you share and communicate with. When you share and communicate using our site, you may choose the audience for what you share. For example, when you post on Online Jain Pathshala, you select the audience for the post, such as a group, all of your friends, the public, or a customized list of people. Similarly, when you use any message system we offer to communicate with people or businesses, those people and businesses can see the content you send. Your network can also see actions you have taken on our site, including engagement with ads and sponsored content. We also let other accounts see who has viewed their jain Blogs and jain forums or jain soical status.
- Public Information. Users of our site and products must be only belongs to jain Community. As such, any you information will not appear to a non-account holder. But any account holder will be able to see any information you post unless you restrict that information in your settings.
- Content others share or reshare about you. You should consider who you choose to share with, because people who can see your activity on our site can choose to share it with others on and off our site, including people and businesses outside the audience you shared with. For example, when you share a post or send a message to specific friends or accounts, they can download, screenshot, or reshare that content to others across or off our site. Also, when you comment on someone else's post or react to their content, your comment or reaction is visible to anyone who can see the other person's content, and that person can change the audience later. People can also use our site to create and share content about you with the audience they choose. For example, people can share a photo of you, mention or tag you at a location in a post, or share information about you in their posts or messages.
- Information about your active status or presence on our site. People in your networks may be able to see signals telling them whether you are active on our site or last used it.
- Sharing with Third-Party Partners. We may work with third-party partners who help us provide and improve our site or who use online Jain Pathshala to grow their businesses, which makes it possible to operate our community and provide free services to people around the world. We don't sell any of your information to anyone, and we never will. We also impose strict restrictions on how our partners can use and disclose the data we provide.
- Types of third parties we share information with:
- Partners who use our analytics services. We may provide aggregated statistics and insights that help people and businesses understand how people are engaging with their posts, listings, pages, videos and other content on and off the Online Jain Pathshala site.
- Advertisers. We provide advertisers with reports about the kinds of people seeing their ads and how their ads are performing, but we don't share information that personally identifies you (information such as your name or email address that by itself can be used to contact you or identifies who you are) unless you give us permission.
- Measurement partners. We share information about you with companies that aggregate it to provide analytics and measurement reports to our partners.
- Vendors and service providers. We provide information and content to vendors and service providers who support our business, such as by providing technical infrastructure services, analyzing how our site is used, providing customer service, facilitating payments or conducting surveys.
- Researchers and academics. We also provide information and content to research partners and academics to conduct research that advances scholarship and innovation that support our business or mission, and enhances discovery and innovation on topics of general social welfare, technological advancement, public interest, health and well-being.
- Law enforcement or legal requests. We share information with law enforcement or in response to legal requests under certain circumstances. For more information, please contact us.
4. UPDATING AND CORRECTING INFORMATION
Please include your name, address, and/or email address when you contact us.
We encourage you to promptly update your Personally Identifiable Information if it changes.You may ask to have the information on your account deleted or removed; however, because we keep track of past transactions, you cannot delete information associated with past transactions on this site.In addition, it may be impossible to completely delete your information without some residual information because of backups.
5. USER CHOICES ON COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION
We may, from time to time, send you email regarding our products and services.In addition, if you indicated upon registration that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us and our partners, we may occasionally send you direct mail about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you.Only Online Jain Pathshala will send you these direct mailings and only if you indicated that you do not object to these offers.If you do not want to receive such mailings, simply tell us when you give us your personal information.Or, at any time you can easily edit your account information to no longer receive such offers and mailings.
You also have choices with respect to cookies, as described below.By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies.If you choose to reject all cookies some parts of our site may not work properly in your case.
6. SECURITY OF INFORMATION
At our site you can be assured that your Personally Identifiable Information is secure, consistent with current industry standards.The importance of security for all Personally Identifiable Information associated with our user is of utmost concern to us.Access by you to your Personally Identifiable Information is available through a password and unique customer ID selected by you.We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone.
In order to most efficiently serve you, credit card transactions and order fulfillment are handled by established third party banking, processing agents and distribution institutions.They receive the information needed to verify and authorize your credit card or other payment information and to process and ship your order.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.As a result, while we strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, you acknowledge that:(a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this site cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
When you use our site we will store cookies on your computer in order to facilitate and customize your use of our site.A cookie is a small data text file, which a website stores on your computer's hard drive (if your Web browser permits) that can later be retrieved to identify you to us.Our cookies store randomly assigned user identification numbers, the country where you are located, and your first name to welcome you back to our site.The cookies make your use of the site easier, make the site run more smoothly and help us to maintain a secure site.You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but some parts of our site may not work properly in that case.
Cookies help us provide, protect and improve the Online Jain Pathshala site, such as by personalizing content, tailoring and measuring ads, and providing a safer experience. While the cookies that we use may change from time to time as we improve and update the Online Jain Pathshala site, we use them for the following purposes:
- Cookies help us serve and measure ads across different browsers and devices used by the same person.
- Cookies also allow us to provide insights about the people who use the Online Jain Pathshala site, as well as, the people who interact with the ads, websites, and apps of our advertisers and the businesses that use the Online Jain Pathshala site.
8. Privacy Policies of Third Party Sites
9. Miscellaneous Privacy Issues
You must be "Jain" by cast to have our permission to use this site.Our policy is that we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose Personally Identifiable Information about visitors that are Not Jain.
You should also be aware that when Personally Identifiable Information is voluntarily disclosed (i.e. your name, email address, etc.) in the discussion forums or other public areas on this site, that information, along with any information disclosed in your communication, can be collected and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from third parties.Such activities are beyond our control and this Policy does not apply to such information.Any submissions to chat rooms or other public areas on this site are accepted with the understanding that they are accessible to all third parties.If you do not want your comments to be viewed by third parties, you are advised not to make any submissions.Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and/or account information.Please be careful and responsible whenever you're online.